Which companies does this policy apply to:
This policy covers Traveldeo travel agency and Expedition Leaders tour operator UK businesses.
What types of personal data do we collect about you and why do we collect it:
We collect certain personal data about you and about any other person you include on your booking. The sort of personal data you put in is information that you provide to us, that we collect from you or observe about you, or that we obtain from other sources. Read on to find out more……
• When you make a booking or other purchase or enquiry we will ask you for your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, and personal travel preferences. We need to collect this information in order to arrange the travel and other services you are requesting.
• If you enter a competition or promotion, complete a survey, or if you give feedback on any of our Services, we will collect your name and relevant contact information and any other personal information you choose to give us.
• We may ask to see and retain a copy of passport details and other identification documents if, for example, you are purchasing a longer tailor-made tour or multiple itinerary based tour.
• If you contact us online, we may keep a record of your e-mail or other correspondence, and if you call us by telephone, we may monitor and/or record phone conversations for training and customer service reasons.
• If, when using our Services, you make a holiday/travel search on our website or with one of our travel consultants and you enter or provide any of your personal data (including telephone number or e-mail address), but do not make a booking or other purchase, we will keep and use the data you’ve provided for a limited time and purpose, as mentioned below.
Based on how you have used our Services in the past and your activity on our website, social media channels, or with our contact centre and stores, we collect the following personal data about you:
• Details of the services we have provided to you in the past, including your previous travel arrangements, such as holidays and other purchases, and matters related to those arrangements, such as details of your previous requirements or complaints.
• We collect details of your visits to our Sites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and weblogs) whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise, and of the resources that you access. We use third party technology services, such as Google Analytics to administer these services.
• We collect details of website(s) you visited before you use a link to our Sites, pages visited in our Sites, and time spent on each page.
• We may collect information about your computer (or mobile device/tablet) including, where available, your IP address, operating system, device location, browser type, cookie identification numbers, for system administration purposes, marketing purposes (both our own, and third party advertisers for whom we provide advertising services) and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and any reports we share do not identify any individuals.
We might also receive your personal data from third party sources who collect information about you on our behalf. This includes:
• If you tell a third party that you would like to receive marketing communications from our Social media pages, Expedition Leaders, TravelDeo, they will securely transfer your contact details and marketing preferences to us.
• If you book one of our holidays through a third party travel agent, certain personal data (as applicable to your booking, such as your name, date of birth or any special requirements you have) will be passed to us to provide the services you have requested/booked.
• If you complete any of our customer feedback questionnaires/surveys, the information you provide will be processed on our behalf and provided to us by a third party such as our social and marketing companies or our own freelance employees.
• If you provide feedback on us via a Twitter survey, the feedback, but not your personal data, will be processed by Twitter and passed to us. A digital marketing or IT company, who provides their services to us to administer these surveys and other activity on our social media channels. As well as all IT and website developments will be carried out by professional companies for us.